Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/plusjamaqn/wakinglife/forum/include/common.php on line 58
Waking Life - Forum / BAYAMON, Puerto Rico -- Danny Garcia successfully defended his two 140
Blog Forum

#1 2019-05-14 07:56:42

carrie567

BAYAMON, Puerto Rico -- Danny Garcia successfully defended his two 140

BAYAMON, Puerto Rico -- Danny Garcia successfully defended his two 140-pound titles Saturday night in a 12-round slugfest with Mauricio Herrera. Garcias improved to 28-0 in the fifth defence of his WBC light welterweight crown and fourth of his WBA belt. He received winning scores of 116-112 from two judges and the third had the fighters even at 114. Garcias right eye was swollen after the early rounds and his nose bloodied by a big shot from Herrera (20-4) in the ninth. Fighting his way off the ropes, the champion rallied with some solid shots to end the round. "I just needed to keep my composure and throw power shots," Garcia said. It wasnt an easy fight for Garcia, a Philadelphia native with deep Puerto Rican roots who was driven on by a raucous crowd of more than 10,100 in his mothers hometown. "Of course it was an advantage," Garcia said. The 33-year-old Herrera threw and landed slightly more punches than the 25-year-old champion, but Garcia finished with a wide edge in power punches. Both fighters remained active in a bout that picked up pace and quality in the later rounds. Herrera couldnt match Garcias power, but his toughness and guile was evident. "I felt I won the fight. I thought it was close, but I thought I won," Herrera said. "Hes a crafty veteran," Garcia said. "I just had to make adjustments." The title defence was seen as a stepping stone to bigger paydays and is sure to spur talk about a potential showdown with pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Garcia said after the fight he may consider moving up to 147 pounds, saying coming in heavy for Saturdays fight may have hurt his performance. Still, hes happy to leave his parents homeland with his belts in tow. "Everybody comes after me. They want what I got," he said. Dorian ODaniel Chiefs Jersey . Omar Rahou made the discriminatory gesture several times while celebrating scoring a goal against Romania at Antwerp in January, UEFA said. The sanction was double the five-match ban Nicolas Anelka received from an English Football Association independent tribunal last week for the same act. Armani Watts Jersey . -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday. http://www.chiefsstoreauthentic.com/aut … s-jersey/. - After a back-and-forth battle throughout the season, Alex Guenette has earned the 2013 rookie of the year award for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 by just one point over Ryley Seibert. Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys .Y. -- Dwane Casey admitted hed been concerned about his young Raptors team who had zero experience playing in close-out games -- what awaited them with the vastly-experienced Brooklyn Nets, and how theyd react. Custom Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning.Portland, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - LaMarcus Aldridge had 26 points and 15 rebounds and the Portland Trail Blazers led for the final 28 minutes of the game in a 107-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday. Wesley Matthews scored 23 and Damian Lillard had 17 points and eight assists for the Blazers, who bounced back from Fridays streak-stopping loss to Memphis to win for the 10th time in their last 11 games. Shabazz Muhammad scored a career-high 28 points off the bench to lead the Timberwolves, who fell to 2-9 in their last 11. Mo Williams added 21 points and 11 assists and Thad Young scored 14 in the loss. The Blazers led by 16 in the fourth quarter and fended off a mini rally by the Timberwolves, who pulled as close as seven. Lillard had a big play when he knocked down a straightaway 3-pointer after a Minnesota turnover despite being fouled, giving Portland an 11-point lead with 4:10 remaining. It didnt get closer than eight after thaat.dddddddddddd Williams scored 11 points and the Timberwolves led by as many as seven in the first quarter while turning the ball over just once. But the Blazers moved the ball well in the second and erased an eight-point hole with an extended 17-6 run keyed by two 3-pointers by Allen Crabbe that helped them take the lead for good with 3:50 remaining in the first half. They stretched the advantage to 48-40 at the break behind nine second-quarter assists and 16 points from Aldridge in the half. The Timberwolves were never closer than six in the third. Portland scored the last eight points of the quarter -- Aldridge had five of them -- to take a 75-61 lead into the fourth. Game Notes Portland has won four straight and 25 of the last 28 meetings between the teams ... The Blazers play in Denver on Tuesday ... The Timberwolves will finish a three-game road trip on Monday against the Clippers in LA. Cheap Nike Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nike Nets Jerseys Cheap New York Knicks Jerseys Cheap Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys China Raptors Jerseys Wholesale Chicago Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys China Pistons Jerseys Wholesale Indiana Pacers Jerseys Cheap Milwaukee Bucks Jerseys Atlanta Hawks Jerseys Online Cheap Nike Hornets Jerseys China Heat Jerseys Cheap Nike Magic Jerseys China Wizards Jerseys Cheap Nike Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Thunder Jerseys China Blazers Jerseys Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys China Warriors Jerseys Cheap Nike Clippers Jerseys Discount Lakers Jerseys Phoenix Suns Jerseys Online Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Dallas Mavericks Jerseys Online Wholesale Houston Rockets Jerseys Wholesale Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys Online Discount Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

Pied de page des forums